|FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS FOR POTENTIAL MEMBERS
|Is All of Your Produce Organic?
Yes! We believe that organic food is the best-tasting, most nutrient-rich food out there. It comes without pesticides, herbicides, or
fungicides making it healthier for you and the environment.
What Are the Membership Sizes & Prices Available?
- The EXTRA SMALL is 6 'items' for $18.00 per week.
- The SMALL BAG is 8 'items' for $24.00 per week.
- The MEDIUM BAG is 12 'items' for $36.00 per week.
- The LARGE BAG is 16 'items' for $48.00 per week.
What Counts as ‘One’ Item?
- The quantity varies per commodity and what is available to us.
- A couple of examples: for Greens (lettuce, chard, spinach, herbs) 1 bunch or 1 head counts as one of your items. Any citrus
(except grapefruit) or apples 4 pieces of fruit count as one of your items. For vegetables like zucchini, bell peppers, and
rutabagas you get approximately one pound. So the quantity you get depends on its size. Please see our Harvest Schedule for
a complete list of fruits and vegetables.
Do Eggs, Coffee, Tea, Etc Count as Items in My Bag?
No, nuts, eggs, coffee, and tea may not be substitutes in your membership bag. They may be purchased separately and you are
billed at the end of the month for any purchases made. Payment is always due by the 5th of the following month.
How Do I Know Which Bag Size is Right for Me?
The bag size best suited for you truly depends on the amount of fruits and vegetables you and your household consume each week.
- The EXTRA SMALL is recommended for single people and households of two who eat a moderate amount of produce each
- The SMALL BAG fits a family of two adults and two children who eat a moderate amount of produce on a weekly basis.
- The MEDIUM BAG fits a family of 4 or more who incorporate several servings of fruits and vegetables in their daily diet.
- The LARGE BAG is best suited for larger families and individuals who eat a mostly, or completely vegetarian diet.
Can I Try Your Program Before Committing for the Entire Season?
Yes! We offer a 4-week trial period for those who are unsure a CSA Membership will fit their lifestyle.
Where Do You Deliver?
We have delivery sites all over the Bay Area! For a complete list of drop off locations, click here. If you don't see a site in your area,
give us a call to see about setting one up in your neighborhood or office!
Can I Order Eggs or Other Items You Sell Without Being a Member?
Unfortunately not. Because we work with small farms and producers, we have access to limited supplies of each item we offer
therefore we reserve our inventory to members only.
How Do I Sign Up? Click here!
|©2013 Eating with the Seasons, All rights reserved.